
Much to our delighted surprise we discovered that the Matthews who just finished their mission this fall in Scotland used to be part of the Temple Presidency and works there again. It was a wonderful reunion.
On one of our walks we captured this beautiful Temple picture.

Christmas Day we gathered with the other Senior Couples who had remained at the Temple grounds for a delicious American/English Christmas Dinner with stuffed turkey, ham, different stuffing's, salads, etc. and of course "crackers" which make a loud noise, pop out a trinket, a paper crown and a goofy joke. Lots of fun.
The knights were in our MTC group and I remember when they told where they were going "London England Temple" I thought if I wasn't going to Scotland/Ireland Mission I'd like to be doing their mission and here we are.
The Fowers are from Hooper and have been so friendly and supportive. Our first Sunday they invited over to their room for dinner and then she was my trainer as I've learned the different protocals specific for this Temple. Great friends.
This is the view from the back of our building. We showed it to our family when we SKYPED them on Christmas Night. Fabulous Christmas to be sitting by the Temple and chatting with your children and grandchildren.

On New Years Eve it was misty and raining and we joined another 2 couples and visited some of the local villages.
Our first large group outing took us to the seaside where we could see the English Channel. It was New Years Day and the skies were blue. There was a beautiful pier at East Bourne where we had our first English fish and chips. The Andersons joined us on our walk along the pebbled beach. The shells were large, thick and hard like rocks.




Then we drove (in the mission mini-van for London Temple workers) down to Beachyhead where the 7 sisters white cliffs drop off into the sea.
How beautiful and quaint there. I'm glad your enjoying your last months.
ReplyDelete